Welcome to Studio Leaks | Hip Hop Forum!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

sing4themoment is just really nice sing4themoment is just really nice sing4themoment is just really nice sing4themoment is just really nice

2-3 Most Underrated/Overrated MMLP2 Songs (including bonus tracks)

What 2-3 tracks do you feel are underrated? Overrated?

Let me start by saying that I really enjoy this album, front to back. So I don't necessarily dislike the songs I am considering overrated. I am simply just saying I don't think they're AS good as people are saying.

Overrated:

So Much Better - GOOD song, but I don't think it compares to his other work. Better than Puke though.

Beautiful Pain - I'll catch a lot of flack for this. I like this song a lot. BUT I don't think it's anywhere near his top 25 as a lot of people are suggesting. The chorus is sung beautifully by Sia and Em's singing is good too. But the lyrics are kinda cheesy and poppy, much like his collaborations with Rihanna, and you guys all hate those tracks. The "keepin' you from leapin' off the motherfreakin' deep end" flow pisses me off. Sounds stupid. But his bars after that part are GREAT. But first verse is rather bland and corny.

Underrated:

Evil Twin - Reminds me so much of his MMLP tracks (Marshall Mathers, I'm Back, Who Knew)

Desperation - Great hook/bridge/western vibe. It's just extremely catchy and lyrics, while not superb, are pretty good

Wicked Ways - Chorus is boss. Beat has new hip-hop feel, so nice mix. And flow at end of second verse >>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am a Muslim on Pork
    Reputation Point System

Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by sing4themoment View Post
    What 2-3 tracks do you feel are underrated? Overrated?

Let me start by saying that I really enjoy this album, front to back. So I don't necessarily dislike the songs I am considering overrated. I am simply just saying I don't think they're AS good as people are saying.

Overrated:

So Much Better - GOOD song, but I don't think it compares to his other work. Better than Puke though.

Beautiful Pain - I'll catch a lot of flack for this. I like this song a lot. BUT I don't think it's anywhere near his top 25 as a lot of people are suggesting. The chorus is sung beautifully by Sia and Em's singing is good too. But the lyrics are kinda cheesy and poppy, much like his collaborations with Rihanna, and you guys all hate those tracks. The "keepin' you from leapin' off the motherfreakin' deep end" flow pisses me off. Sounds stupid. But his bars after that part are GREAT. But first verse is rather bland and corny.

Underrated:

Evil Twin - Reminds me so much of his MMLP tracks (Marshall Mathers, I'm Back, Who Knew)

Desperation - Great hook/bridge/western vibe. It's just extremely catchy and lyrics, while not superb, are pretty good

Wicked Ways - Chorus is boss. Beat has new hip-hop feel, so nice mix. And flow at end of second verse >>
    your literally an idiot if you compare so much better to puke

no way around it, your blatantly an idiot

I am a Muslim on Pork
    Reputation Point System

Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute Koolo has a reputation beyond repute
    as for underrated its gotta be rhyme or reason

overrated? none, album is full of classic songs

Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolo View Post
    Everyone has been comparing these two. They're very similar songs.

Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future 514Balla has a brilliant future
    Overrated: Stronger Than I was, Love Game, So Far...

Sorry but all 3 of them are VERY forgettable.

Slightly Underrated: Desperation, Brainless.

The rest are rated just about right.

Edit: I might actually put Legacy in the slightly overrated camp, I can see the hook eventually becoming a chore to get through like the latter part of his 3rd verse already is.

Gold Member
    Reputation Point System

Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of
    Overrated - Stronger Than I Was, Rap God,

Underrated - So Far, Legacy (CLASSIC), Brainless

Gold Member
    Reputation Point System

Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of Tem has much to be proud of
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolo View Post

no way around it, your blatantly an idiot
    Do you SERIOUSLY not see how it SOUNDS like an Encore beat

Banned
    Reputation Point System

SLickster can only hope to improve
    I'd say Asshole, i've grown to like this song unfortunately, people haven't been giving it enough credit. Definitely underrated.

Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute theJFKshow has a reputation beyond repute
    Overrated
    - So Far
    - Stronger Than I Was
    - Beautiful Pain
    - Groundhog Day
    - Rhyme or Reason

Underrated
    - Brainless
    - Don't Front
    - Desperation

Platinum Member
    Reputation Point System

YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute YaBoyTr has a reputation beyond repute
    I like So Much Better

Bronze Member
    Reputation Point System

markfj will become famous soon enough
    Overrated

Berzerk
    Rap god
    stronger than I was

Underrated

So much better
    So far
    Asshole (I dont love it, its hated on abit mcuh though)

Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

LOCZ is a splendid one to behold LOCZ is a splendid one to behold LOCZ is a splendid one to behold LOCZ is a splendid one to behold LOCZ is a splendid one to behold LOCZ is a splendid one to behold LOCZ is a splendid one to behold LOCZ is a splendid one to behold
    Overrated: So Far & Love Game

Underrated: Legacy

I honestly don't see what's so great about about the two... Love Game's catchy and is good for what it is, but it's not THAT great of a song. So Far is pretty good, but to me the two few seconds of Em singing on the country parts are just terrible.
    Conspiracy theorist screaming Illuminati
    They can't believe this much skill is in the human body
    He's 6'2, how the fuck he fit in a new Bugatti?
    Aw fuck it you got me

Be Liberated
    Reputation Point System

Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future Free has a brilliant future
    Over: Stronger than I was
    Under: the monster

level of hate on asshole is also a bit much
    Bassmint Productions wins!

He'll now ceremonially cut down his 8 Mile poster while singing to Not Afraid and crying before turning his scissors to his arms... congrats!
    boom i am the biggest stan of all time :D

Surf's Up
    Reputation Point System

Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute Riley has a reputation beyond repute
    Overrated: Legacy, Rap God, So Far

Underrated: Groundhog Day, Evil Twin, Brainless
    R.I.P. HipHopDX

Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of Jimmy has much to be proud of
    Groundhog Day underrated as fuck

Bronze Member
    Reputation Point System

Fo20 is on a distinguished road
    Overrated: So Much Better and Stronger Than I Was.

When I first heard both those songs I thought for sure the haters at SL would consider them "cringeworthy" and rip on them. I thought people would say that the chorus for SMB sounds like it was written by a child and that no one wants to hear Em rapping about random chick misogyny relationships anymore.

I thought people would say STIW sounds like an anthem for woman in abusive relationsips(for ems female fans) also when he sings "baby please don't leave" the way he says "leave" and the "ughhhh" parts, I don't know how to describe them,just bad.

Underated: Brainless, I love this track,all 3 verses and 1 of my favorite chorus' from Eminems discography.
    Survival: Just don't think it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of texasfan255 has much to be proud of
    Don't Front is probably one of the best songs I have heard from him in a long ass time. Definitely wish it could have made the standard version

Farewell
    Reputation Point System

TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute TrentM28 has a reputation beyond repute
    Overrated-Headlights, Love Game, Legacy

Underrated-Brainless, So Much Better, Baby

Silver Member
    Reputation Point System

Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of Lubo has much to be proud of
    Fuck some people's opinions are horrible

Can't think of any that are really being OVER rated? Maybe So Far.
    Underrated - Groundhog Day, Desperation, Evil Twin and possibly Legacy

Bronze Member
    Reputation Point System

E H 11 has a spectacular aura about E H 11 has a spectacular aura about
    Overrated - Headlights, So Far, Stronger than I was
    Underrated - Groundhog Day, Wicked Ways, Don't Front... Lyrical madness in those songs

Thread Information